Vascular surgeons specialize in treating diseases of the arteries and veins, which can affect how blood flows throughout the body. At Lourdes Medical Associates (LMA), we consider vascular surgery one of our premier clinical services. LMA’s vascular surgeons treat the full array of vascular conditions using a range of approaches including interventional and minimally invasive procedures, as well as surgical reconstruction and complex open surgery.
Our multidisciplinary team approach requires close cooperation with interventional cardiologists and radiologists. This provides patients and their referring physicians with a targeted treatment that ensures the most conservative measure is used.
Working with our colleagues in Lourdes Cardiology Services, we offer treatment for the following:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA)
- Aneurysms of the aorta (with heart-valve replacement as needed) and brain arteries
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Malformations or abnormalities of veins or arteries
- Narrowing of blood vessels (particularly the carotid artery and vessels serving the legs and feet)
- Peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
- Venous reflux disease