Hepatology is the branch of medicine that treats conditions of the liver, gallbladder and pancreas. Lourdes hepatologists specialize in diagnosing and treating liver conditions, including liver transplants and liver failure.
LMA Hepatology, part of the Southern New Jersey Center for Liver Disease, is staffed by hepatologists, liver transplant surgeons and interventional radiologists who work collaboratively in a comprehensive program. The team are an integral part of the Lourdes Regional Center for Organ Transplantation, where specialists are focused on diagnosing and treating all kinds of liver disease.
Working together with Lourdes radiologists, we offer full range of diagnostic services, including chemoembolization, image-guided liver biopsies and trans-jugular liver biopsies, TIPS evaluation and placement, and pre-operative image evaluation.
Our hepatologists provide:
- Hepatitis B diagnosis and treatment
- Hepatitis C diagnosis and treatment
- Liver transplant evaluation
- Evaluation of acute, fulminant, and subfulminant liver failure
- Management of refractory ascites
- Treatment of autoimmune and cholestatic chronic liver disease
- Treatment of advanced stage hepatic encephalopathy
- Management of portal hypertension
Our liver transplant surgeons provide:
- Liver transplant
- Surgical portal – systemic shunts
- Liver resections for liver tumors
- All other surgery that involves the liver and/or biliary tract
- Minimally invasive (laparoscopic) approaches
- Tumor Ablation (RFA – Radio frequency ablation)