You don’t have to swing a racket, run down a track, or shoot a basketball to get a sports injury. Sports-type injuries can occur while doing everyday activities such as carrying a toddler up the stairs or lifting a bag of topsoil while gardening.
Lourdes Medical Associates’ (LMA) sports medicine specialists offers timely and caring treatment for these injuries as well as those sustained by professional and amateur athletes. We aim to help all of our patients feel and perform better, while minimizing their risk of re-injury.
LMA specialists offer non-invasive evaluation and treatment for:
- Muscle and joint pain
- Lateral and medial epicondylosis (also known as Tennis and Golfer’s Elbow)
- Patellar tendonosis (jumper’s knee) and runner’s knee
- Rotator cuff tendonosis
- Achilles tendonosis
- Plantar fasciosis
- Strains and sprains
- Shin splints
- Chronic tendon injuries
- Chronic exertional compartment syndrome
Because prompt treatment is the key to recovering from a sports injury, we see referrals within 24 hours and send referring physicians a consultation report the same day. Our office staff works to obtain pre-authorization for all X-rays, MRIs, physical therapy and other required tests and services as approved by insurance. And when appropriate referral for orthopedic evaluation is needed, our staff will work to expedite consultation from specialists.
When resolving sports injuries, LMA sports medicine specialists help patients:
- Develop safe and effective athletic conditioning programs and customized nutrition programs to lose or gain weight safely
- Resolve infectious diseases such as skin rashes
- Fit into customized braces and supports to ensure comfort and function
- Train in natural running styles, including natural and barefoot running
- Determine when they can safely return to play after treatment for a condition such as mononucleosis or multiple concussions